Initially self-taught, she later went on to study under Kim K’s personal make-up artist Mario Dedivanovic and has worked for some well-known magazines and designers. Now she conducts her own make up master classes and has her own clientele. Lately she has been drawing attention for the amazing transformations she does be it characters from tv shows, movies, videos, mindboggling illusions or just simple make up tips we could all use. She also offers DIY décor tips and parenting hacks, this woman does it all!
- In the past year we have seen you do a lot of incredible transformations. How do you decide what to do and what make up you are going to use?
For me it’s constantly checking up on what's trending, whether it's a show or movie or an artist and then I just allow myself to be inspired and then recreate that. Or it could be something that someone on Instagram has requested to see me recreate and from there I just prep & plan the things required for that look.
- Have you ever wanted to do a certain transformation but found it too hard to execute?
Oh yes absolutely. Like the Aquaman one, and Jeffrestar, I found so hard and I was so close to giving up but I pushed myself and those are two of my most liked transformations.
- How has the Corona virus impacted/ changed your work now?
It was really hard as that was my main source of income, so to not have any work for almost 3 months, and even now it's not really completely allowed. But I try doing online makeup tutorials which have helped.
- Any clues as to what the next transformation is?
Hmmm I’m planning on doing Michael Jackson, Huda Kattan and perhaps an illusion one
- What are your top tips for the following in order to ensure they always look great:
Eyes: curl lashes and have two coats of mascara on. This instantly opens up the eye
Face: a good concealer and foundation to match your skin tone and the right moisturizer. With this combo you can create the perfect canvas.
Lips: a lip tint or a neutral peachy shade that is perfect for any eye makeup look.
- What are your top tips regarding make up brushes that you feel people don’t know about?
Sanitize sanitize sanitize!!! (Seems appropriate now given the circumstances) I say sanitize every time you use the brush. This is a must to protect your skin, makeup and the longevity of your brushes
- Looking at your Instagram you also seem to be very passionate about nail art, is that something you see yourself learning to do in the future?
I used to be very passionate but not so much now, in terms of me doing nail art looks.
I love getting them done and having something creative on them :)
- Favourite TV show?
La Casa de Papel, new show but OMGggg
- Who do you consider as role models?
Mario D- Makeup by Mario, DressYourFace, Deepika Padukone, and my mom
- What’s your all-time favourite make up item?
Mascara or lashes
- Favourite make up brand(s)?
Huda beauty, kkw beauty + colourpop
- Three make-up items you always carry with you?
Lipstick, pressed powder, lip gloss
- Do your daughters also share your passion for make up?
Well my older one yes, she loves watching me do my makeup, and is curious and has even tried imitating me. I wonder how she will be as she is older.
So make sure you follow her on Instagram – senishamakeupartistry for more fascinating content!!!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
She’s an avid Marvel fan, an old girl of Ladies’ College and now an LLB graduate from the Faculty of Law, Colombo. She fell in love with writing when she joined her school’s magazine committee by chance and since then has seized every opportunity she can to pursue writing. Additionally she absolutely adores animals and promotes the slogan ‘adopt don’t shop’.