Our food cravings have intensified as a result of the constant rain and cozy weather. Thanks to all the food delivery systems, satisfying our cravings is far from being an issue. That is, until it is either way past closing hours, or you’re scraping through the last of your paycheck.
If you’re in the mood for something chocolaty that can be prepared in under 5 minutes, this one’s for you. This chocolate chip cookie in a mug recipe is not only a definite mood fixer, but it is extremely delicious if I say so myself.
The ultimate bonus to this recipe, in addition to the delectable taste of course, is the lack of a messy clean up. With just limited ingredients, a mug and a spoon, you’re good to go.
- 1 Table spoon of unsalted butter
- 1 Table spoon of white sugar
- 1 Table spoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 Table spoons of all-purpose flour
- 1-2 Table spoons of chocolate chips
- Microwave the butter in a mug for about 30 seconds - 1 minute until it is fully melted
- Add in your sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and mix until it’s properly combined
- Mix in the yolk until there is no trace of yolk to be seen
- Mix in the flour
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Microwave for about 40 seconds
- Along with the yolk, add in a little bit of egg white as well
- Instead of chocolate chips, you can opt for cooking chocolate or any type of chocolate
And voila! You’re done. Add a dollop of ice cream for an extra dose of yumminess.
#cookies #recipe #cookieinamug #chocolate #cravings #rainyweather #rain #homemade #sweet #delicious #icecream #yummy #food #easy
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Amra is a full time sustainability auditor who makes time to follow her passion in journalism as a part time writer and presenter. Something she loves doing is meeting people and learning what their outlook on a given situation is. She also happens to be a big foodie and is always down for a good meal.